Joynus is a Staffing Firm headquartered in Atlanta, GA, providing Contingent Staffing, Direct Search, and Recruitment Process Outsourcing in Light Industrial, IT, Healthcare, and Accounting industries. With our continuous growth and expansion into new regions we are searching for a Payroll Specialist to develop into an asset that will propel our business into another success story.
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for performing assigned duties regarding the processing of hourly and salaried payrolls for the Company’s employees, assuring that payrolls are timely, accurate and in compliance with Company policies and Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements. Perform payroll accounting activities to ensure ledger postings are complete and accurate; prepare payroll tax, liens, garnishments, 401(k) and other reconciliations. Provides support for the division HR salaried administrators. Also, responsible for providing/distributing confidential payroll information to auditors, corporate and divisions as needed. Must be well versed in complex pay practices.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate payment of payrolls, including multi-company, multi-state and multiple pay cycles
- Executes proper control, payment and reporting of special payrolls including executive, manager and supervisor bonuses
- Maintain controls and audits to ensure that the payrolls are calculated properly and that Company is in compliance with wage and hour laws.
- Audits HR entries into SAGE to ensure compliance to identify any control weaknesses. Initiates corrective action for system edit and error messages.
- Handles exceptional pays including moving pay, stock options, COLA, and expatriates. Must ensure that these payments are taxed correctly.
- Handle distribution of confidential information as needed to PWC, auditors, corporate, etc, as needed.
- Have in-depth knowledge of pay practices and federal, state and local wage and hour law and tax regulations
- Assist with year-end processing to ensure that tax forms are issued timely and accurately
- Must be able to research federal and state rules and regulations.
- Must be able to make decisions to resolve pay issues that arise with the operations, balancing the needs of the employees with the cost to Company, while ensuring that Company is in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Make recommendations for process and system improvements
- Participates in system testing as required for software/hardware upgrades, implementations, acquisitions and integrations
- Maintains processing task list and documentation according to department standards
- Attention to detail is required
- Korean language proficiency is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 3+ years’ experience in payroll or related payroll/human resource experience preferred
- SAGE, Avionte, Bullhorn experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and G-Suite (Gmail, Doc/Sheet, Google Drive)
- Willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Compensation and progression level will be based on candidate’s experience and education, and current business needs
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Visa/OPT sponsorship
- Health, dental, vision