Highly visible finance leader responsible for directing and overseeing the financial management functions for large scale, high profile design and construction projects in excess of $1B. This includes accountability, oversight, and responsibility for the management of facility and capital project operating expense budgets; ensuring verification of budget commitments and reconciliation of expenditures; ensuring data accuracy in project tracking system; ensuring cost forecasts are consistent with established and documented project specifications (scope, work plan, schedule); reviewing cost movement progress reports and making change recommendations as appropriate; overseeing and guiding the development and implementation of project financial standards and procedures; and ensuring the provision of financial and accounting support for the acquisition, disposition, and maintenance of land and facilities.
- Develop and lead finance function for large scale, complex, owned construction projects. Manage financial and reporting systems to make timely determinations of risks and opportunities. Manage large scale contract volume and related schedule of values to determine proper recording of the ensuing asset.
- Complexity of work is very high due to the many work streams that need to be created, managed, and executed to ensure a positive business outcome. There is a high level of financial, reputational, and business risk to be managed and addressed from the identification of growth opportunities through full integration and value creation.
- Partner with the Project management and finance leadership/functions to ensure proper financial analysis is provided supporting reviews and decisions. This includes application of economic models, scenario planning, and sensitivity analysis.
- Work with the legal and business development team to create/amend contract language on major agreements.
- Define the work structure, including identifying subject matter experts and defining their roles for financial processes, systems, and reporting.
- Manage project economics including: track project budgets, monitor, and report risks/opportunities, ensure funding requests, and that business cases are developed, managed, and monitored.
- Mentor and manage teams and/or resources and check the quality of work.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of progressive experience in a senior construction finance role, handling large scale construction project budgets and forecasts, to include contracting types and methods, and managing OCIP/CCIP programs required.
- Minimum eight (8) years management experience required.
- Minimum six (6) years experience managing capital and operational budgets required.
- Minimum five (5) years experience interacting with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above) required.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in capital project/business case analysis and monitoring, to include, but not limited to analyzing and reporting costs, cash flows, risks, opportunities and tracking financial benefits required.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Statistics, or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated systems skills in a construction environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Seven (7) years health care experience preferred.
- Seven (7) years FP&A experience preferred.
- Three (3) years Real estate/General Contractor financial experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Construction Finance, or related field preferred.
Yes, 25 % of the Time