Prestigious Tier I automotive manufacturer in Montgomery, AL has an important role open: Sales Representative. If you have considered joining a better company with great benefits, challenging work opportunities and a great career path, please forward a resume for immediate consideration.
The primary role of the OEM Sales Representative is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. Develop rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity via Salesforce on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with the engineering and operations staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose that will continually enhance the company’s performance.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of direct industry sales or marketing experience.