We are hiring Produce Clerks for an International Grocery Market Franchise in the Greater Metro Atlanta areas. This is a temp-to-perm (90 days) position.
- Sorts, displays, remove and replenishes fresh fruits and vegetables in the produce department.
- Maintains the overall environment of the department by providing assistance to customers through product knowledge and customer service.
- Ensures that all produce meets or exceeds company quality standards.
- For Seafood Dept. Clerk or Operations Support Clerk: starting pay $10.50/hour.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountability:
- Provides assistance to customers in the produce department.
- Answers questions recommend products and safe handling tips and assists Members with finding products throughout the store.
- Inspects, rotates, and stores produce upon delivery.
- Ensures that all received produce meets or exceeds company produce standards
- Rotates produce on the sales floor to ensure optimal freshness and variety.
- Ensures cases and display areas are fully stocked. Keeps the produce displays neat and clean. Removes products that are no longer suitable for sale.
- Maintains the produce reserve stock area. Dates and rotates all back stock items.
- Ensures the storage area is organized and condensed daily.
- Follows established guidelines when disposing of damaged, spoiled, and/or expired products.
- Assists Produce Supervisor with inventory and order processing as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, display fixtures, and areas, including the produce cooler and refrigerated display cases.
- Generates signage for produce goods and performs price check functions when necessary. Ensures all items are accurately priced and signed.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Work experience in a produce department preferred.
- Knowledge of fruit and vegetables preferred, including seasonal items.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Work schedule will be discussed but guaranteed 40 hours per week (for full-time), part-time positions open too.
Environmental Job Conditions:
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces and positioning oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $10.00 - $10.50/hour